Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heavy Metal and You - Christopher Krovatin

I didn't think this book was going where it went and then it did, so I was kind of disappointed.

What that all means:

Heavy Metal Kid, Sam, starts dating preppy girl, Melissa. Personality wise, these two have no business dating, but they really seem to like each other and get along. Actually Sam is truly jazzed and excited in such an adorable way (this is how I know I'm old, I think teen boy in love is adorable - in a kitten eep kind of way) that this is what made me think the plot wasn't going to be reminiscent of a John Hughes movie, two incompatable people get together and are pushed apart by their different philosphies/life circumstances/asshole friends and then find some how to be togther anyway. This isn't really where the story went, but I was still just a little dissapointed.

Now that that's out of the way, umm, I thought the book was adorable, and I'm sure the author would be thrilled to hear me describe it that way. I finally understand what ya'll are talking about when you say 'literary crush'. I loved Sam. I'm willing to forgive the Holden thing, because his mix CDs were right on target, and his story pauses and rants were great. I was so pissed at Melissa for here reaction to the club incident. I thought what he did was awesome. I was happy where the book went in the end, and how in went there, though I will admit I was worried for a while.

It was good. Read it.

Leila's review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home