Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Personal Update

So I've forgotten to let some folks know what's up, and at this point I don't remember who I've told what to so I'm just going to post it here.

Big stuff first. I got all my medical test results back and everything is FINE. My doctor was very relieved to tell me that there was no evidence of cancer or anything else. Yes, that was on the radar. Very scary. However, I'm still having the same problems which led me to get these tests in the first place. So, while there's "nothing" wrong, there are still issues. We are playing a waiting game while I wait for a certain birth control medication to get out of my system to see if my body realigns itself. Six months or so.

Other stuff. Yes, I had two interviews at Barnes and Noble. One with the childrens' department manager and one with the store's general manager. I have NEVER been interviewed so fast, except when I interviewed for the Monkey. However, I had not heard from them since. It's been just over 3 weeks now. I know perfectly well they are no in a hurry to get someone hired. The person I would be replacing isn't leaving until August. Yesterday I visited the children's manger, just to touch base. I hope it helped. I want this job. I want this job because it's specificaly children's and young adult. I have little hope if finding anything like it anywhere else. I don't care that's it's retail. I don't care that I'd be going into it just before a HP release. I don't care that it means I'll be spending another Christmas season in retail. I don't care that it's a half hour drive and I haven't driven since I got my license in December. They are doing good, inteligent things and I want to help. And I want the management experience for my own nefarious (Ok, maybe not nefarious, but I like that word) future plans.

Notthing else of note really. My mom just turned 60. That's a little weird. Listening to muppet music, but that's pretty normal for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leila said...

Mega congrats on the medical results.

I can't believe that they haven't hired you yet. What's their problem? Why are they taking so long? Are you freaking out?

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home