Friday, April 15, 2005

Knights of the Kitchen Table - Jon Scieszka

I had to read this. It was always and remains to be such a popular recommendation for trasitional readers (done with early readers, not quite ready for chapter books) I couldn't go any longer without taking it for a test ride.

But really, it's Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith. I haven't read anything that they were involved in that I didn't think was fantastic.

The only complaint I have was it wasn't long enough. I suppose that's to be expected from such little books when one is an adult. It left me wanting more of the story, and that's always a good thing when series are involved. I loved the puns, I loved the mix of fantasy and literature references, and I loved the interaction between the boys.

So, I'm happy to be recommending this series. The first book has a good mix of humor and cleverness and I would assume much of the rest of the series holds up as well. I will press on and see if this is true.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leila said...

They rule. I think I still have the galley where they end up in New York before the WTC was built and comment on it being missing--that bit got edited out.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home