Friday, April 15, 2005

Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Patterson

I think I must be just way too old for Bridge to Terabithia. It's a story of young friendship and of course towards the end of the book through an accident one of the friends dies and the other must deal the the death of "the only person who really understood me". I don't know if this was one of the first of these stories, but unfortunatly it's been so over done in both books and sappy movies, it lost a great deal of meaning for me. I can't say I was particularly thrilled with the writing and the story telling, but those are more difficult for me to pin point why I didn't like them.

This book is still on tons of reading lists. This story felt really dated for me and I can't help but feel like there are more current books of the same theme. But don't ask me why this one feels dated, but A Summer to Die didn't. Maybe it really is just a vast difference in writing and story telling style.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren K said...

Great, now you've ruined the ending.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home