Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Non-Book Stuff

First, we had a computer/hard-drive crash this past weekend. I don't have regular email right now. Not sure when that will get settled again.

Second, I saw Stars Wars III. I went into it with VERY low expectations. It was OK. I would probably not sit through it again, but atleast Lucas didn't gloss over all the things I expected him to. I have no idea what the point of the Wookies being in the movie was though.

Third, I recently found out my grandmother now has bone cancer (she had breast cancer a few years ago). Or atleast we are pretty sure she has bone cancer. Technically I am not supposed to know. She is not telling large chunks of the family, but because she is like this about her helath, we already had in place a grapevine. Unfortunately, that's what it is, a grapevine. I don't have the details. I don't know how serious it is or if her doctors are expecting it to be treatable. There is also rumor that she is being tested for several other cancers. My grandmother is also telling various folks different things, so nobody really has the full story. It's incredibly frustrating. I respect her wanting privacy, but I also don't really want to be suprised to find that she's suddenly past away and I don't know why. I am currently trying to figure out how to get her to let me spend a bunch of the summer with her without her thinking I'm hovering. The library is cutting more hours and B&N STILL has not contacted me, so this would be an ideal time for me to just take some time off and go spend it with her. I don't know if pages are allowed leaves of absences, but I think I will talk to my assitant director about it tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home