Wednesday, June 01, 2005

This isn't supposed to happen in real life

This is only supposed to happen in horror movies.

So, we were cooking dinner tonight. Our "quick" version of beef stroganoff was going in the crock pot. Towards the end of that cooking process Jeremy put on rice to cook. We use sushi rice because, I personally like it better than long grain white rice, and I find it easier to cook. I came down stairs to fix my plate, only to be met in the kitchen doorway by Jeremy with a horrified look upon his face. I thought perhaps the rice had burnt (it would have been expected with how many other things had gone wrong in the dinner making process). But no, it wasn't that mundane.

There was, well, what appeared to be a LARGE MAGGOT in the cooked rice.

EW.

My first thought was did something get into our dry goods cabinet. But, no, Jeremy informed me that he had just opened a NEW (sealed plastic) bag of rice.

EW.

I'm totally skeeved out. I'm not going to be able to eat ANYTHING tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leila said...

One time I opened (opened it for the first time, the bag was new) a bag of dog food and a bunch of moths flew out, into my face. After I got over the horror of that, I looked in the bag and it was full of maggot-y looking creatures. It was gross.

But rice is far, far worse. Gross.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home