Wednesday, January 12, 2005

50 books in a year

Ok, so I really liked the idea of keeping track of what is read this year as sort of per Leila's suggestion. I really have no interest in joining another blog in order to do that. I think one blog is quite enough, thank you. I'm also curious as to how much I actually read in a year. I'm sure that Leila must read upwards of 200 books, but I would be interested what her count is too. Since I just said that, I in no way wish to suggest that this is a competion of ANY sort. I really am just curious what some of us wackos do.

(I am also in the process of forming some kind of list to of amazing YA book to present as a proposal to change the face of summer reading in high schools, but that's another project, in it's baby stages. I would appreciate any input any folks have towards this end at any point this year. I know you all have your favorites. I would like to have a finished proposal by fall, hopefully.)

Now a question for any one who feels like answering: If 10 books were republished in one huge QP to keep foks like me from loosing their place in the series does that count as 1 book or 10?



2 Comments:

Blogger Leila said...

Oh, so you want to compete, do you?

A 10 book comp. totally counts as 10 books. And YA books are books. We aren't talking strictly Wuthering Heights or Paradise Lost caliber or anything.

Although I was thinking of trying to up my grown-up book intake, just for kicks.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Leila said...

Oh, and I think that re-reads count, too. As long as they get written up.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home