Friday, January 14, 2005

Book 2

Playing in Traffic by Gail Giles

When one of the school's 'invisibles" suddenly gains the attention of the school's wacko outcast goth girl, what will ensue? Well, it's certainly not hilarity. This is a Gail Giles book after all. This book deals with, amoung other things, what can you believe when a stranger decides to tell you all the most horrible things that are happening to her? Of course you try to help her, in any way you can. What happens when parts the stories start contradicting each other? How far will you go?

I have yet to see a positive portrayal of a goth in literature. Just pointing that out.

This does not have quite the hardcore twist that other Gail Giles books have had, but it definatley has the punch you in the face ending.

Damn Good Book

Favorite passage (possibly my favorite passage in a YA book EVER):
I didn't answer. I was seventeen and my bemoaned and as yet unrelieved virginity had made me unreliable in matters of character appraisal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leila said...

Jazz, in Define Normal is pretty positive. But she might have been more punk than goth.

Hmmm. I'm going to have to think on that one.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home